26 June 2012

Using 有and 没有 in comparisons


Usingand 没有 in comparisons


and 没有 can be used to in comparison of one noun against another.
The basic pattern is  noun 1 + ((méi) )(yǒu) + noun2  (()(me)) + adjective + ((ma))

()()(ge)(yǒu)()()(me)(gāo)(ma)
Is his brother as tall as him?

()()(ge)(méi)(yǒu)()(zhè)(me)(gāo)
My brother is not as tall as him.

(zhè)(ge)(bāo)(guǒ)(yǒu)()()()(me)(zhòng)(ma)
Is this package as heavy as that package?

(zhè)(ge)(bāo)(guǒ)(zhēn)(de)(yǒu)()()()(me)(zhòng)
This package really is a heavy as that package.



()(tiáo)(gǒu)(yǒu)()(zhī)()(shǔ)()(yàng)(xiǎo)
That dog is as small as a big rat.
(

他有他姐姐那么聪明吗(tāyǒutājiějiěnàmecōngmíngma)
Is he as intelligent as his sister?

()(de)(wéi)(jīn)(méi)(yǒu)()(de)(zhè)(me)(hǎo)(kàn)
My scarf does not look as good as yours.

(zhè)(ge)(yǒu)()()便(pián)(yi)(ma)
Is this as cheap as that?

(shuō)()()(yǒu)(shuō)(hàn)()()(me)(róng)()(ma)
Is speaking Chinese as easy as speaking Japanese?

()(yǒu)()()(me)(gāo)
He is as tall as her.

(chá)(méi)(yǒu)()(fēi)(guì)
Tea is not as expensive as coffee.

()(fēi)(méi)(yǒu)()()()(me)(guì)
Coffee is not as expensive as cola.

(shuō)(huà)(méi)(yǒu)(xiě)()(nán)
Speaking is not as difficult as writing.

()(méi)(yǒu)()()(me)(cōng)(míng)
You are smarter than me.

()(xiě)(hàn)()(méi)(yǒu)()(xiě)(de)(hǎo)
She does not write characters as well as him.

(zhōng)(wén)()()(yǒu)(yīng)(wén)()()(nán)(ma)
Is Chinese grammar as difficult as English grammar?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contibution

Blogger Widgets