30 July 2011

Supplementary Text Books

I don’t use supplementary text books often enough. I do have a very good Basic Chinese A Grammar and Workbook published by Routledge.  Click on the picture to find out more details.
Basic Chinese: A Grammar and Workbook (Grammar Workbooks)
Basic Chinese A Grammar and Workbook
It is only now that I am beginning to appreciate some of the intricacies of Mandarin Grammar. To be really honest I at my level I find some of the Chinese Grammar too good to be true. Of course I am comparing it to German Grammar, Japanese Grammar and English Grammar. It may just be my level of Chinese, but I am really finding it easy…too easy. Each chapter of Basic Chinese A Grammar and Workbook has very simple easy to understand explanations and a then a series of exercises to test your understanding.  Of course answers at the back to check. Perhaps one of the reasons I don’t use it much is that it seems a bit low-tech too. I tend to use online dictionaries, Chinese teaching and learning websites and Youtube for explanations and to deepen understanding. However as I am always looking for ways to improve my learning techniques I am going to make an effort to use my grammar book more often over the next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contibution

Blogger Widgets