30 May 2012

I Do Whatever The Voices In My Head Tell Me To Do...

Learning a new skill? Talk to yourself about it

This interested me. Have heard that positive self talk is good for boosting confidence. Recent research shows that self talk may assist in in learning new skills.

"American magazine Time reports that instructional self-talk can enhance our attention, helps us regulate our effort and make decisions about what to do and how to do it..."

"Exercise Psychology finds that "self-talk" works best when you think about the goal for yourself and then make a mental plan for how to get there."

"While self-talking aloud may seem a bit crazy, it can also have benefits."
For my language learning I think I have been doing this for years...


Learning a new skill? Talk to yourself about it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your contibution

Blogger Widgets