27 August 2012

Pomodoro Technique + Chinese Mandarin Study = Better Learning

 

I have just started a new way to manage my study time. Very simple and it works for me and makes my study more productive. It eliminates the anxiety of time and enhances focus and concentration.

Called The Pomodoro Technique   

Very easy to use. This is how I use The Pomodoro Technique ;

  1. Choose a Chinese study to be accomplished
  2. Set the Pomodoro to 25 minutes (the Pomodoro is the timer)
  3. Study  until the Pomodoro rings, then put a check on your sheet of paper
  4. Take a short break (5 minutes is OK)
  5. Every 4 Pomodoros take a longer break

This sort of chunking of short periods of time makes learning Chinese tasks less onerous. Particularly when I practice a skill that I don’t like doing much.

Loads of timers available too. I use this one Pomodor Me

  

Similar Apps on Google Chrome,  iPad and Android too. Search for Pomodoro, Tomato Timer, 25 timer, etcetera.

For low tech Chinese Mandarin Learners  use the following;

  1. 1 x pencil
  2. 1 x timer (preferably shaped like a tomato Angry smile
  3. 1 x sheet of paper

All of the resource below are free;

 Free Pomodor Technique Book

There is a Pomodoro Cheat Sheet,

To record units of study free PDF sheets

There is even a Chinese version of the book   中文版PDF下载

So what are you waiting for try The Pomodor Technique!

1 comment:

Thank you for your contibution

Blogger Widgets